Friday, April 18, 2014

The Descent and Ascent

The Descent



I poked awake that sleeping monster of my mind, in its lair,asleep slack,

Slowly it's noxious ink spread all around to coat everything inky black,

Happiness floated away in sparkling bubbles and burst,

Carrying its' light of knowledge ,Reason fled,leaving me to thrist,

Hope clung as long as she could, like a stubborn barnacle,

Until the inky darkness engulfed her too, even her companionship, fickle,

Now all there is, is darkness,deep, velvety, still..,

And a mocking voice that tells me I am unloved,I hear it trill,

Because of my selfishness, my need to be loved,my greed,

That time is here,

To give up this one desire,all consuming need,

That there may be no more,

And neither the darkness, nor the light, touch me anymore.



The Ascent



As I stilled myself in the inky darkness, thinking I was done,

Hope left her post to attach to my shell and pry it open,

The light filtered in to slice the inky darkness and draw me out,

The lamp of knowledge held aloft by reason lit the route,

Upward , upward I floated ,

Happiness came to envelop me in her shimmering bubble coated,

Still upward , past reason ,past happiness too,

To the all enveloping light , that surrounded all, me anew,

As I reached that light ,merged, great calm descended, true,

I heard a soothing voice say,

I am the darkness , the light too,


I am you,

I am love

I am





--shubha


P.S. Happy to share that this poem was published in an anthology Resonance , brought together by a Facebook group, Poets,Artists Unplugged.

No comments:

Post a Comment