Monday, December 22, 2014

Wish List

Wish list

I have made my list,checked it twice,
Sometimes been naughty,but mostly nice

So Santa can you be a dear,
And grant me what I do desire,
No war, more amity,less strife, fear,
As we trundle towards the new year,

Diamonds ,may have been very nice,
But not with the blood of innocents, as the price,
Instead could you fill some hungry bellies with enough rice,
Would you do that if I ask, real nice?

I know there are lists, clamoring for world peace,
A verdant earth, free of poverty, hunger, disease,

But I also have learned, the world cannot be set aright,
Just by wishes, on one magical night,

So gift me ,the strength, the will to persevere,
That I may do my best, spread goodwill, cheer
That your magic continue through the year.

--shubha

No comments:

Post a Comment