Saturday, November 14, 2015

Children's day pledge

Children's day pledge

I see the hope of the future dance in your eyes
Your laughter , smiles, their freedom, trump any prize
I wish I could smooth your way , so everything is nice
But sometimes best intentions, best efforts do not suffice
And there are those days when life is a compromise
Others when it feels threatened by hatred on the rise
And I may leave you a world ,full of its' own caprice
But I would have failed you only if I give up , capsize
With every blow of ill will, let go of faith, in a trice
And let the dreams, hope die in your eyes
So today I promise , I will never give up , whatever the price
And though I may be unable to leave you a world quite so nice
You will have the comfort that I tried , for all that I prize

--shubha

No comments:

Post a Comment