Tuesday, October 11, 2016

I let go

I let go

Dressed in reds, oranges of mirth
I swirl , revel, in your coming, Mother
Or rather, my coming to you

With gratitude I offer
Fruits of this summer
Your love has blessed
Your bounty onto You

With understanding, I shed
In slow swirls
Flaming tongues of anger, passion, hate, despair
Browns of a withered past
That has outlived its' usefulness
To my growth

Swirl, by gentle swirl
I shed
By Your Grace
A little more of my i
A little more of the distance

Prepare for the serenity
Of tranquil rest
In the lap of Your name

With the promise
Of renewal
That come Spring
I will blossom
With your blessings
Spread Your fragrance
Dance with joy

I let go
Let go of all
But my faith
In Your everlasting love
In Your Mercy

--shubha

P.S. A few lines that came to me as a prayer  in response to a prompt on an online poetry group, The Woman Inc. Sharing on the occasion of VijayDashami

No comments:

Post a Comment