Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Interconnected



Interconnected


Question


Why Should I care?

Do I have not, enough troubles to bear?

Care about the suffering, afar,

Let them, my own little happiness, mar,

I cobbled together this little peace and wealth through hard strife,

Why must I part with mine, because somewhere, there is war rife?

After all it was not I, who wished this evil upon them, there,

Why o’ why should I care?


Answer:


Are we at all that different, you and me?

These differences of color, class, creed, gender and religion,

As separate as they are made to be?

How can in my life, happiness remain,

When yours' is desolate and bare,

Interconnected, as we all are.

Does the eye, not a tear, shed,

For that cut finger that bled?



--shubha

No comments:

Post a Comment