Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Daddy dearest,should I change?

Daddy dearest , should I change?

Sometimes at school they call me fat,
I know you said I was your pumpkin, but does it mean just that,
Should I measure my worth by the scales' range,
Daddy dearest , should I change?

You told me ,to learn,you go to school,
But I would like to be looked on ,as cool,
Follow the latest trends, my own frumpy look, rearrange,
Daddy dearest, should I change?

Yesterday, he casually brushed me aside ,a touch ,
Said, I really, talk too much,
I know you have said ,you ,love our exchange,
But tell me, daddy dearest, need I change?

He says I don't, our finances, tend,
Too much on little frivolous treats, spend,
Show responsibility, economy some,
Did you ever find my little wants burdensome?
Should I ,my wants, curtail , my priorities arrange?
Daddy dearest, must I change?

I know you said ,I should define my own worth, above all,
But I really do crave his approval,
He says he criticizes for my own improvement,
Where do the lines blur between betterment ,
And acceptance?
Must I ,my expectations and inadequacies manage?
Daddy dearest, should I change?

--shubha

2 comments: