Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Barnum, beagle's alphabetical tail ... (tale)

Barnum, beagle's alphabetical tail ... (tale)

Although you may think us all the same,
Barnum,beagle,is my name
Chasing cars, my tail
Down the narrow alley lane
Everyone, greeted with a wagging tail,
Friendly spats ,with the guy, who delivers the mail,
Growl at some strangers, a few,
Happy hours spent walking, too,
Is that it ?? Are we done?
Just as I was having fun ???
Kisses as licks for that special someone,
Loyalty, love, I cannot be outdone,
Melt your heart, with my love true,
New tricks , I learn, to please you,
Obstinately, I look for the stick, in my quest,
Persistently I return when we play fetch,
Quell any fear, when I am around
Rest assured, I hear every sound
Softly, I snuggle, when you are down,
Twist around,many a frown,
Usually ,never one to lag,
Vet visits, are a drag,
Wags, woofs, wonderful times, galore
X-ray intentions, smell fear and more
Yet with all my playful frivolity
Zen like calm, still, I can be.

--shubha

No comments:

Post a Comment