Monday, February 17, 2014

Alarm clock conversations

Alarm clock conversations 

A shrill insistent call cut though the clouds
Climbing up the golden steps in tranquil serenity, disturbed by this sound, loud,
Suddenly the clouds seemed to part
And the steps disappeared
Making me start,
And as I began falling,
Consciousness seemed to drift in,
And replaced the clouds, the steps, the soft golden light,
With a pillow, a warm bed and eyes shut tight,
And from that world to this ,the only thing that did follow,
Was that loud insistent call,
Let me lie here some more, I did plead,
I am so tired,
I want to escape to my world of clouds and see where the steps lead,
Replied the clock, I am time's servant and so are you,
I am duty bound to tell all too,
That the hour has struck,your day begun,
Wake up now, there is work to be done,
Yes duty bound , am I to announce to all,
Wake up now, you cannot ignore the master's call ,
So with a sigh, I stretched and stifled a yawn,
And opened my  reluctant eyes to a new day's morn;
Wondering where the short night had gone
Obeying this stern master that waits for none at all  .

--shubha

3 comments: