Tuesday, February 25, 2014

My Quarrel with Mr.Squirrel

My Quarrel with Mr.Squirrel

Would you like to hear a tale
Of my quarrel,
With Mr.squirrel?
My brand new tomato plant
Grew tall and green,
And a little green tomato hung where the flower had been,
Along came Mr. Squirrel
With a flash of his bushy tail
Plucked my poor tomato
And vanished into thin air pale,
And that was the beginning of my quarrel,
With pesky Mr. squirrel
Next day I put up a fence and a wire mesh,
To keep out Mr. Squirrel and my tomatoes fresh,
But the naughty little squirrel was not to be beat,
He clambered, climbed and scampered,
Until he achieved the feat
Very quickly did my anger rise,
Until I looked into his innocent brown eyes,
And consoled myself that although,
There may not be any garden salads that year,
Perhaps I had raised some goodwill,
And spread Mr. Squirrel some cheer.


--shubha

2 comments: