Friday, February 7, 2014

Inspiration

Inspiration

Blank page, emptier mind,
Inspiration it seems,is hard to find,
She lives in the hazy mists,
Behind the mountain of tasks and to-do lists,
Until suddenly she bursts forth, to grant new sight,
That can appreciate a flower, a bird, the beauty of the night,
The power to describe,
The pride of a stately tree,
Standing tall,bare and free,
And the beauty of the sky through the branches' filigree,
To feel the pulse of a heart that throbs,
In love ,pain ,joys or between sobs,
A brief moment,a shower in light
And then she disappears from sight,
Retires to her realm of mists,
And leaves me bereft with a mountain of to-do lists,
But as I set about my chores,
Feeling that I may write no more,
Glimpses of her come to me,
In a child's laughter pure,
I will come when the time is right,
She seems to reassure,
And fleetingly, her, I do sight,
In a look askance, a play of light,
In delightful  sounds,
Inspiration, it seems, abounds.

-shubha

No comments:

Post a Comment