Thursday, February 20, 2014

Heart journeys

Heart journeys

Swinging by my arms, my delighted squeals mingling,
My parents laughter free,
I must have left my heart there,
Or perhaps, it followed me,

My brother, in my mothers lap ,
Cousins riding one cycle in threes through gaps,
Gossiping  in whispers through the night,
Surely there ,I left my heart light,
Or perhaps ,it followed me,

Tempestuous youth, among the  first crushes' sighs,
Towering aspirations, sifting truth from lies,
I lost it in your melting brown eyes,
Or perhaps ,it followed me

Duty bound in sacred wedlock,
With you ,a home found,
I know I gave my heart away then ,to grow and abound
Or perhaps ,it followed me,

Left my land much loved,
Said goodbye to her sunrises,her twilight and her sounds,
I know my heart stayed around,
Or perhaps ,it followed me.

My child, my pride and joy,
My very reason to be,
My ecstasy,
I gave my heart to you, surely,
Or perhaps,it followed me.

In a strange land , between ours and theirs,
We built bridges between them and us to share ,
Found friends ,people that care,
I must have left my heart sprinkled there,
Or perhaps, it followed me.

Every time in every stage
In every role for me,
I wonder, if I followed my heart,
Or if it followed me.

--shubha

2 comments:

  1. It is so relaxing to read your poems :). Thanks Subha! - Bragadha

    ReplyDelete